Benefits of IUD TCu 380A
- The whole device comes in a sterile, easy-to-use, peelable pouch meant for single use only. Thus chances of infections are minimized. With its longer Loading Device (Consisting of Insertion Tube and Stylet / Inserter Rod), the use of Insertion Forceps is avoided, thus no fear of cross-contamination.
- This Postpartum Intrauterine Device is ideal for women who deliver at health care facilities and wish to either space or limit their subsequent pregnancies.
- IUDs have no effect on the quantity and quality of breast milk, a major concern of new mothers.
- IUD is as effective as tubal ligation in providing contraceptive protection. Postpartum IUD is the best alternative to tubectomy for couples who wish to keep their options open for future family expansion.
- Insertion after delivery avoids the discomfort related to interval insertion, some of the post-insertion side effects are masked by normal postpartum events (such as bleeding and cramps).
Ideal Time for Insertion of Postpartum IUD
Post placental: Insertion within 10 minutes after the expulsion of the placenta following a vaginal delivery on the same delivery table.
Intracaesarean: Insertion that takes place during cesarean delivery, after removal of the placenta, and before the closure of the uterine incision.
Within 48 hours after delivery: Insertion within 48 hours of delivery and prior to discharge from the postpartum ward.
Postabortion: Insertion following an abortion, if there is no infection, bleeding, or any other contraindications.
Extended Postpartum/Interval: Insertion anytime after 6 weeks.