Copper T 380A (TCu 380A)
Each SMB Copper - T 380A T frame is made
from compound of Low Density Polyethylene and Barium Sulphate (15% - 24%)
wound with 176mg of 0.25mm diameter copper wire, and two copper sleeves on
horizontal arm providing a surface area of 380mm² ± 23mm².
The 'T' is equipped with high-density polyethylene filament for easy
|Horizonal Arm Length in mm
||Vertical Stem Length in mm
||Total Active Copper Surface Area
It is packed together with an insertion tube and Solid Rod in a Tyvek -
Mylar film pouch or Mylar - Mylar film pouch.
The insertion tube is equipped with a movable flange to aid in gauging the
depth to which the insertion tube should be inserted through the cervical
canal and into the uterine cavity.
Centimeter Scale printed in blue is provided on the Insertion Tube for
exact positioning of the flange on the Insertion Tube before Insertion.
Additional accessory like Hysterometer
Device / Loading Device
is provided on specific Customer
SMB Corporation has a new form of winding system for Copper T 380A.
This double copper winding system has a advantage over the single winding
The double winding form rules out the possibility of protrusion and this
system does not allow overlapping of wire.
Advantages of Double Copper Winding are :
SMB Copper T 380A is 99% effective Intrauterine
Contraceptive Device It does not affect Female hormonal system
- Winding is difficult to unwind
- Smooth and uniform winding over the stem
- No protrusion or loose end near the stem hole
- Uniform wire tension throughout the winding length makes it more
The SMB IUD's have under gone clinical studies in Vietnam
for 60 months and confirmed to be a safe and effective contraceptive.
- Proven Safe Reversible
- Easy to load
- Long intrauterine life (10 Years)
- Hormone free
- Highly convenient
- Immediate effective
- Requires no daily attention
- Safe contraceptive for breast feeding women
- No touch technique is employed while insertion
- Conception is possible after removal of Copper T 380A
- Can be used by women who cannot use Steroid Contraceptives
- IUD is in place until removed by the health care provider
- Safe for all women including adolescents and women over 40
- Safe after abortion or miscarriage with no infection
- Safe in women with pelvic inflammatory disease currently free from
- Safe in HIV infected women on antiretroviral therapy and clinically